Be the change you want to see in the world.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The best days are the first to fly

Optima dies prima fugit. The best days are the first to fly. It's from Virgil's Georgics -- it's also the epigraph to Willa Cather's My Antonia. It's one of those vaguely nostalgic, carpe diem, cherish the moment, ubi sunt? kinds of sentiments. I like it. It'd make a sweet tattoo. Hence, the title of my new - and improved - blog. :)

I've decided the whole artsy debauchery thing really is only attractive and appealing in a guy -- think F. Scott Fitzgerald, Graham Greene, Ernest Hemingway, Evelyn Waugh, etc. It's one of those unfortunate but unavoidable double standards.

Anyway, I'm a girl, and I'm starting to realize I really don't pull off the whole materialistic hedonist thing well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Walmart Coupons
Walmart Walmart Coupons
Locations of visitors to this page