Be the change you want to see in the world.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Give my regards to Broadway

Theatre -- my anti-drug.

Tonight, I had Miracle Worker rehearsal. My director was completely frazzled and had been stuck in traffic and left his script at another rehearsal, so he asked me to write down all the blocking and do some menial busywork for him at the Xerox machine. Then we did a brief rehearsal, in which I rocked (do you doubt it?).

And it's just amazing how for that blissful hour and a half, I completely forgot how awfully everything in my life is screwed up right now. I even forgot that I'd been sobbing like a baby in a ball in my room not four hours earlier -- and I was functional, and coherent, and cheerful, and happy. Fulfilled, I think, would be the way Aristotle would've described it.

I wish I could be inside a theatre all the time. It's my safe haven, my sanctuary from the storm outside. It keeps me sane.

If only I never had to face reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Walmart Coupons
Walmart Walmart Coupons
Locations of visitors to this page