Be the change you want to see in the world.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Carpe diem

Gather ye rose-buds while ye may; Old Time is still a-flying; And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying.~Robert Herrick

All I have to say is I have a far too responsive and functional "carpe-diem" gene. I do stupid things -- a lot -- simply because I can and they seem new and exciting. Sometimes they are, sometimes they're not.

But at least I'm enjoying them?

Sigh... the problem is, people who say they're living their life with no regrets rarely are. Because such a life does not exist. We all feel rotten over dumb crap we've done. But all we can really do -- especially once it's forgiven -- is keep slogging along and make the best of a sorry job. I shall pass this way but once. And I'm admittedly having a damn good time. Most of the time.

Except when I reach even more gargantuan levels of stupidity (which I keep thinking is not possible!)

I'm a being in conflict...

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

...seize the carp?

(Refer to highly-regarded cinematic masterpiece "Out Cold")

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 5:07:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Walmart Coupons
Walmart Walmart Coupons
Locations of visitors to this page