Be the change you want to see in the world.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Some days, even your lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

I needed to give the kids in my Theatre Production and Creative Writing classes syllabuses (err, syllabi) for tomorrow.

Which you'd think wouldn't be so hard.

Donna was dead to begin with. Dead as a doornail. She had been chaperoning a retreat at school, and high school girls being high school girls, they decided to stay up until 6 in the morning.

So, I got three hours of sleep. I'm running on empty. I need these syllabi for my first period class in the morning.

But my printer is in Virginia at my old roommate's house, and I don't have a jump drive.

So I thought, that's fine, I'll just do them at school while I'm there chaperoning the retreat.

Only our server is down, so I couldn't print them at school.

And I don't have the access code to the photocopier at school.

So then I think, it's okay, I'll go to Staples and Xerox them this afternoon.

So the retreat's over and done with, I go home. Can't find a Staples. Anywhere. Apparently Atlantans don't believe in them -- at least South Atlantans don't.

Then I think, fine. I'll go to Best Buy and buy a printer.

But Best Buy is all out of the two models I can afford.

Then I have to rush to play practice, an hour and fifteen minutes away. The theatre has a photocopying machine, so I ask my director, hey, can I use it? Why, sure, says my kindly neighborhood director.

But the photocopying machine is broken.

Finally, in despair, I crash a friend's parents' house down the street from my apartment at 10:15 p. m. after an exhausting rehearsal (the big fight scene between Annie and Helen - I'm covered in bruises) begging to use their printer ...

To which they kindly agreed.

But the black ink just ran out.

So I've had it. My drama kids can just deal with having green syllabi.

Murphy's Law: If anything can go wrong, it will, and in the worst possible way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Triumvir Vis said...

Whoa, babe. That's intense.

Hey, I'll give you a call back soon. Life is just crazy right now (yesterday was a 14-hour work-day, and today only ended because I had to get home).

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Laura said...

How'd the syllabi go over?

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:34:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Walmart Coupons
Walmart Walmart Coupons
Locations of visitors to this page