Be the change you want to see in the world.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Gadzooks

I was going to drive to Atlanta tomorrow to audition for The Miracle Worker, but I'm too damn tired from the bacholerette party I was just at. Whatever. There are more auditions on Monday if I change my mind.

It seems that everyone and their dog is getting married these days. With the sole exception of myself and one other girl friend, every single other one of my female friends (we're talking like, many, many girls here) are now either seriously dating, engaged, or married. My oldest Christendom friend got married last summer and is seven months preggers. One of my other best friends from school got married four weeks ago. My college roommmate, Trish, and one of my closest friends from high school, Joy, are both getting married next Saturday (at noon and 4 p.m. in West Virginia and Maryland, respectively). And at the former wedding, my dateless self is going to have to socially interact at a wedding with Joe and his girlfriend for the first time. I would seriously rather snort barbed wire or clean all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with my tongue than to show up at this thing without a date.

Uuuuuuuuurgh. In the words of Hamlet, "I say, there shall be no more marriages!" I seriously am having issues coping with all of this change and mayhem. How does one learn to go through life not wanting what other people have, and being content with one's own lot? Other girls get married; me, I move to Georgia. Hardly equitable accomplishmants.

So not fair.

I have now been single for three months. I think that might be a personal record.

1 Comments:

Blogger coiledrose said...

I know it's been said before and it's probably getting old (don't hit me), but enjoy being single. Think about it: you can flirt with the hot guy at the other end of the bar/room/whatever without feeling even a twing of guilt. Your schedule is your own and doesn't have to conform with that of a SO. You know that if your knight in shining armor appears, you're completly free to grab the walking tin can and kiss him senseless without going through the motions of breaking up with your current-but-otherwise-unexceptional sqeeze. This is all cold comfort, I know, but it's comforting nonetheless at times. Don't sell yourself short. Hold out for that top shelf man and don't settle for some railing chump.

Thursday, July 20, 2006 12:45:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Walmart Coupons
Walmart Walmart Coupons
Locations of visitors to this page